Are the classes suitable for beginners?
- Yes, currently most classes are suitable for beginners. I teach in a way that adapts movements and exercises to different skill levels and abilities. Some sessions can be more advanced, please check my Instagram stories on Mondays to find out which ones as that is when I post the week’s timetable! 🙂
I don’t know what to expect. Is there a way to trial the classes?
- Of course, every first class is for free and will remain so for the whole season! This way, you can bring friends, family and colleagues along whenever you’d like. Use the code ‘WELCOME’ upon booking for a 100% discount at the till. Looking forward to meeting you! 🙂
Which classes are women’s only and which are mixed?
- WOMEN ONLY: Paddington Rec, Clapham Common, Shadwell Basin, Primrose Hill.
- MIXED CLASSES: Clapham Common, Langdon Park, and Finsbury Park are mixed groups. Please get in touch if you’d like me to confirm the current attendance type for a particular class.
How much are the classes?
- PAYG is £10, a block of 10 sessions £90 and the monthly membership is £60. There are also several bundles for sessions and equipment to save you money. You can book classes HERE.
Can I pay cash?
- Yes, cash payments are accepted. If you’d like to pay for a session or a bundle in person, get in touch so I can register you manually for the session and you can pay on the day.
What does the monthly membership give me access to?
- The monthly membership is £60 and provides access to 1 class per day. This means you are able to do 3 classes a week and save yourself £60 a month!
I don’t train regularly, do I need to be assessed?
- No, you won’t have to go through an assessment. We can have a chat before the class about your previous training experience or injuries to make sure I provide appropriate options for you throughout the class and you will likely discover that you are stronger than you think! I have had first timers successfully do a vertical flag by the end of their first class. 🙂
Do I need to bring anything with me to class?
- Just yourself, come as you are! Layers are a good idea in spring and in the summer, water and electrolytes are very important to keep you hydrated. For some classes, having your own equipment is helpful but not required as I will have one or two sets of bands or rings with me.
What are the classes like?
- Classes will be split between skill and strength work to allow for faster learning of new moves and to allow you to reasonably exert yourself and to take workout motivation with you for your solo practice at home or in the gym. The aim of calisthenics classes is not to make you tired and sweaty but to build optimal strength through healthy, controlled full range of movement. When learning new skills, I always incorporate aids (ie long resistance bands) into the practice to allow everybody from beginner to advanced to pick up new moves in the way that suits them best.
Will I fall behind if I don’t come every week?
- Not at all! We are not following a set programme that runs from week to week but I will be drawing exercises and inspiration for sessions from a very long list of movements. I will rotate the moves to ensure those who have joined later don’t miss out on anything. There will be sessions that will focus on one main move and it’s accessory exercises (ie human flag and it’s skill specific drills), other sessions will be focusing on all the different pullups or dips or pressups etc. I will also encourage you to occasionally step out of your comfort zone, which means you might choose to alternate between beginners’ and intermediate classes.
How big are the classes and how early should I book?
- There will be 8 people max and a minimum of 4 participants per class. Certain locations can get very popular so it’s wise to book up to a week ahead. Make sure you book by the night before at the latest to avoid cancelled classes due to low numbers on the app.
Is there a cancellation policy?
- Indeed there is. Classes cancelled 12+ hours before the scheduled start time will return 100% of the fee. Payment will be forfeited for classes cancelled within 12 hour of the class start time.
Will I be filmed?
- Not unless you wish to. We regularly take clips of everyone’s achievements in classes so that you have videos to learn from at home or to share on your social media. At times, we film the full class for social media edits to bring calisthenics to more people. If you don’t wish to be filmed and/or your videos shared, please let me know at the beginning of the class.
How do I stay in touch with everybody?
- I add new participants to the Cali classes WhatsApp groups where you get updates from me on all classes, locations and other news and can chat to all others who come to classes regularly. This way you can share tips, arrange to meet up and train outside the class times or just indulge in banter!
What happens when it rains?
- Sometimes we have to keep an eye on the weather forecast as we all know, UK weather is only predictable in its unpredictability. In these instances, we shall agree to do a weather check on the morning of the classes or in the afternoon, 1-2 hours prior to the evening sessions. If a class has to be cancelled due to a force majeure, all participants will be automatically refunded their payment for the class.
There are no classes near me, will you add more locations?
- Once the schedule has been optimised for the summer (by May), it won’t be possible to add any more weekly classes for this season, however I will take note of all locations that have high interest in calisthenics training and I will bring my Workshops to you at the end of the summer! 🙂
How long is this calisthenics season?
- Usually, calisthenics season runs from spring to autumn. This year I will run classes from April until end of July and will finish the season with workshops across UK.
What will the workshops look like?
- Information on workshops coming soon!