3/4 cup canned pear nectar
2 egg whites
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar OR Stevia
1/2 cup granola OR Scottish oats
1,5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (can omit)
1/2 tsp salt
1.25 cups cored, chopped pear
1. Preheat oven to 180° C. Prepare the muffin tray by greasing and flouring 10 cups or lining with paper liners.
2. Whisk together first five ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In separate medium bowl, mix both flours and sugar/Stevia. Add in granola, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Fold in chopped pears.
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until blended (batter will be thick). Divide between muffin cups.
5. Bake until golden brown and tester inserted into centre comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
Transfer muffins to rack and cool.