- 250ml egg whites + 3 eggs
- 12 cherry tomatoes, each cut into 6
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 70g mozzarella or low fat cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200C. Whisk eggs together in a bowl and add some salt and pepper. Oil or butter a muffin tin (unless it’s non-stick) and pour some egg mix in each cup (about 2/3 way).
Prepare all vegetables and distribute them between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle cheese on top and place the tray in the oven for 20 minutes to get beautifully golden egg muffins.
If you’d like to increase the amount of protein in the muffins, use protein cheese instead or add bacon to the mix if you’re an omnivore like myself! But before you try all that, do give the original recipe a go – you won’t be disappointed.
Energy per muffin: 109kcal, 8,3g protein, 3,9g carbs and 6,6g fat.