- 300g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar (or less)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Mix all ingredients except for the herbs and feta in the bowl and leave to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow for the tomatoes and onions to take in the flavours. (This way the feta and herbs won’t go soggy.) Then drain the liquid, add herbs and gently crumbled feta, mix gently and serve at room temperature. This makes one large bowl of salad for one or a side salad for 2-3 people to have with a lovely BBQ meat or fish.
Energy: 343kcal, 19g protein, 10g carbs, 24g fat (+120kcal and 13g fat from oil if using).