260 g potato
100 g green beans
4 large egg
1 red peppers
1 small cucumbers
3 tbsp fresh chives
3 tbsp spring onion (green tips only)*
85 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise*
1 tbsp lemon juice*
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard*
Season with black pepper*
- Scrub and cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces (peel if necessary). Prepare the green beans by cutting into small pieces. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Place the lid on the saucepan and bring the water to a rolling boil over medium high heat. Then turn down the heat to medium low and allow to boil for 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Add the green beans to the saucepan, about 3 minutes before you drain the potatoes. Allow the green beans to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and brightly coloured. Drain and place to one side to cool.
- While the potatoes cook, hard-boil the eggs. Place the eggs in a small saucepan of water and cover with cold water. Place the saucepan over medium high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil. Allow to boil for two minutes before turning the heat down to the lowest heat setting. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and run the eggs under cold water before peeling. Cut the eggs into quarters.
- While the eggs cook, prepare the cucumber and red peppers. Peel the cucumber and cut into short sticks. Deseed and dice the red peppers. Finely chop the spring onion (green tips only) and chives.
- Make the salad dressing by mixing together the wholegrain mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice and a couple of grinds of black pepper.
- In a large bowl gently mix together the potatoes, green beans, hard-boiled eggs, cucumber, red peppers, spring onion (green tips only), chives and salad dressing. Season with a couple of grinds of black pepper.