This is in the Top 3 of my most popular recipes that continues to amaze everyone who tries it. I cook this dish often because it’s tried and tested, very quick and easy to make and my son also loves it.
- 1 large courgette, spiralised
- 300g king prawns
- 1 crushed garlic clove or garlic puree (as much as you’d like)
- 1 heaped tbsp lighter green pesto
- 5 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 flat leaf parsley sprigs, finely chopped (or use dried parsley to your heart’s content)
Spiralise the courgette, steam for a few minutes and set aside. Heat oil in a wok pan, add garlic and prawns. Use olive oil for a milder taste or sesame oil for an added oriental flavour. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until prawns are opaque and firm. Add pesto and keep stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, then add parsley and basil. Pour the steamed courgette in the pan and mix thoroughly with prawns and sauce, then serve. You can also pour the prawn mix over raw or lightly steamed courgette spaghetti as seen in the photo. Enjoy!