You are going to fall in love with this recipe! When I cooked this dish for the first time last year, I then prepared it again and again for the following four days, I kid you not!
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
1 large courgette, spiralised
300g king prawns
1 clove garlic crushed or garlic puree (as much as you’d like)
1 heaped tbsp lighter green pesto
5 basil leaves, finely chopped
4 flat leaf parsley sprigs, finely chopped or dried parsley to your heart’s content!
- Spiralise the courgette and leave it in the bowl for the time being.
- Heat oil in a wok pan, add garlic and prawns. Use olive or vegetable oil for a milder taste or use sesame oil for an added oriental flavour!
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until prawns are opaque and firm.
- Add pesto and keep stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, then add parsley and basil.
- Pour the steamed courgette in the pan and mix thoroughly with prawns and sauce, then serve.
- Alternatively, you can simply pour the prawn mix over your raw or lightly steamed courgette spaghetti as seen in the photo.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram – @raheltheamazon!