Who loves a good steak salad?
One of the best recipes I have found online – steak and strawberries. 😍 Such simple ingredients and such gorgeous flavours. Can be ready in 10-15 minutes and is so filling as it takes a while to eat. I’m sure most of you will agree that a nice steak isn’t something you just gobble down. 😌
I am definitely keeping this recipe for when I’m entertaining guests. Only thing I would change is perhaps leave out the walnuts to lower the fat content a little as it’s so easy to sprinkle too many nuts on a dish and by doing so, add around 200kcal to the dish! 😳
This serving was 633kcal with 42g protein and 46g of fat.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- A handful of thinly sliced red onion
- A tbsp of crumbled blue cheese
- A tsp chopped walnuts, toasted
- Season steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steak; cook 5-7 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into bite-size strips; toss with lime juice.
- On a platter, combine romaine, strawberries and onion; top with steak. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette.