- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, halved
- A handful of thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp chopped walnuts, raw or toasted
Season steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steak; cook 5-7 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into bite-size strips; toss with lime juice. On a platter, combine romaine, strawberries and onion; top with steak. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette.
Energy: 633kcal, 42g protein and 46g of fat.